Lazada Philippines

The WAHM turned Working Mom

by 6:08 PM 0 comments

The past few weeks has been a roller coaster ride for me. I used to be a work at home mom of my two daughters but now things has changed. I have to help my husband with our family business. We recently purchased a large format printer and I was the only one who knows how to layout designs in Photoshop. So technically, I was the temporary layout designer for the business.

To make the long story short, officially I now have a job. I have to report at our shop at 7AM the earliest, then go home by 6PM, the earliest too, depending in the amount of job to be done.

Being a Work at Home Mom for three years, I was still adapting to this kind if schedule. And the hardest part was not having a household help. I wake up as early as 4AM just to update my blogs, then clean the house so that by the time they wake up,  food is served and then make sure that the kids have already taken a bath before I leave. Then from work I still have to make dinner then wash dishes and make the kids wash before going to bed, read them bedtime stories, to make up for the time I was not home.

For two weeks or more, I was physically drained. But somehow I feel accomplished. Because for a long time, I finally get to do what I love. And I get to help with our family business. I really love working on the computer, designing stuffs so that makes me feel accomplished.

As compared to my previous job where I was just compelled to do things according to my job description because that is what I was trained in college to do. A degree where I was just forced to take but does not really inspire me.

I am just so blessed to have a husband who is also so supportive of my dreams and aspirations. He knows that I am artistically inclined and that I breathe art. And he just supports me in finding my passion.


Maybe i just have to get used to this kind of thing. Or maybe I have to get a household help soon.The only thing that I find hard is budgeting my time work and for the kids. Maybe I'll find a way to make it work soon. But for now, it is still adjustment phase.

I'm writing this because I might not be able to update this blog often because I will be updating blogs which are more related to my work. I will post links to those blogs below, when they are ready for launching. :-)




jbfalle

Blogger, Web Designer, Nurse, Crafter, Mother and Cookie Monster

Welcome to my personal blog where I share frugal family stuffs. Feel free to share you comments below. If you find something interesting also feel free to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment