Lazada Philippines

Healthy Oatmeal Polvoron

by 8:51 PM 0 comments
 I have always been on a quest for finding foods that my little toddler girl would eat. She really is a picky eater and with her sweet tooth most of the time, what she consumes are the unhealthy staple food from the supermarket, such as cookies and cake. We all know that these foods are processed and contains synthetic sugars which are not advisable for children and adults alike.

So while surfing the web, I stumbled on the use of oat flour, which I believe is way better than all purpose flour which is made from wheat. And since oats have more health benefits than wheat flour, I decided to use it for baking and making treats for my picky toddler.

Filipino Polvoron is one of my favorite dessert, I had my little toddler Chamomile try it. She liked the House of Polvoron Classic Flavor, so I thought of making her polvoron out of oat flour. And I'd like to share with you my recipe.





The image above simply describes the steps I did in making the Polvoron. But to those who like to print the recipe here it is:

Ingredients:

2 cups Oat Flour ( I made this with rolled oats and powdered it using a blender. You can use a fod processor if you have one.)
2 cups Powdered Milk (I used Bear Brand Powdered Milk because it is already fortified with various nutrients)
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar (I used coconut sugar because it has low glycemic index and it is also organic.)
1/4 cup Melted Butter (I actually used the Unsalted butter, but wasn't able to get a photo of it so I just pasted the photo of the salted one just to provide you an idea of the ingredients used. I also used Magnolia butter but I still think it would taste better with Elle & Vire Unsalted Butter.)

Directions:

1. Make the oat flour using you food processor or blender. Pulse until it is pulverized.
2. Toast the oat flour, until light brown in color.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together.
4. Add the melted butter and mix well using a spatula or wooden spoon.
5. Put them into molds and refrigerate for at least one hour or until well formed.
6. Wrap them in wrappers or simply consume them all! :-)

*Makes 60 Polvoron using a small polvoron mold.


Unfortunately, my little toddler did not eat it, because I won't able to purchase a wrapper, maybe she likes it in a wrapper. But to my husband and preschooler they were sold out. And it only took less than 24 hours for all the polvoron to be consumed.

jbfalle

Blogger, Web Designer, Nurse, Crafter, Mother and Cookie Monster

Welcome to my personal blog where I share frugal family stuffs. Feel free to share you comments below. If you find something interesting also feel free to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment